Thursday, 27 June 2013

My Summer Film Festival


                         As of right now, nothing interesting has been going on with my life so, I don't have much to share but I hope this post will still entertain you guys! Much further ado, here's a somewhat overdue post of partially how my summer went. Honestly, last summer (2013), if I wasn't dancing, sick or out on family adventure, I would just bum around at home watching movies or as the title depicts have a homemade "summer film festival". The films I watched weren't exactly the new and updated ones because I do like to reminisce a little and/or watch films that were made before I was even born. To top of my bum-ness, my "film fest" was 'just a lie in bed-using laptop-wear comfy & lose home clothes-eat lots and lots of popcorn and not care how I look' moment. Funny how it sounds but it was one of my favourite things to do this summer. Okay.. So, below is a list of what I watched, enjoyed, cried and laughed at and I suggest you watch it someday because they really are good movies and I really enjoyed them. :) (links of trailers are on each star)

spoiler: I like a lot of romantic movies. (well, who doesn't?) 

★ elvis and anabelle
"a unique love story united by a miracle changed for eternity"
"I've never lived. I mean really, lived. I've never enjoyed one moment in my whole stupid life." 
★listen to your heart
warning: movie may result to crying
"Music's a powerful thing. A song can change your mood. Make a memory. One song can change your whole life."
★ august rush
It's a very heart-warming movie with a fairy tale ending. Some people may have not liked it but I did very much. 
"You know what music is? God's little reminder that there's something else besides us in this universe, a harmonic connection between all living beings, every where, even the stars."
★crossroads
nothing like a film with childhood friends going on a roadtrip cross-country with Britney Spears singing in it. 
 "All we have is now, and right now we have each other."
★warm bodies
a unique charming and romantic twist on the zombie genre.  definitely a movie to watch!
"This is my best friend. By best friend i mean we occasionally grunt and stare akwardly at each other."
★dear lemon lima
a sweet and smart comedy about high school outcasts. it's like a cute napoleon dynamite. (full movie)
"I am no longer a window shopper in this mini-mall of life."
★the breakfast club 
A classic 80's movie about people who are not alike in any way realize they're so much alike taking away all the stereotypes about each other. A simple movie yet addresses so much like its characters problems and is very relatable for anyone in highschool. One of my favorite movies of all time!
“We’re all pretty bizarre. Some of us are just better at hiding it, that’s all.”
★you instead
also called 'Tonight You're Mine'. a indie-rock alternative to cliche romantic comedies.
"Nobody is going to save the planet but you folks, you know that? You cram a hundred thousand people together, no music. What do you get? A riot. You give them music, we all in this together. Music turns a mob into a movement."
★before sunrise
two strangers falling in love. A really simple but amazing romantic movie. Lots of dialogue if I may add. first movie in a trilogy. Also one of my all time favorites.
"If there's any kind of magic in this world it must be in the attempt of understanding someone sharing something. I know, it's almost impossible to succeed but who cares really? The answer must be in the attempt."
★clueless
a sweet, fun comedy that's classic and generation-defining for me :)  
"Until mankind is peaceful enough not to have violence on the news, there's no point in taking it out of shows that need it for entertainment value."
★perks of being a wallflower
a modern masterpiece of surviving highschool and inevitable awkwardness of teenage life. It's funny, heartfelt and sweet. 
"We accept the love we think we deserve."
★moonrise kingdom
a funny artistic adventurous story of two 12-year olds.
"It's been proven by history: all mankind makes mistakes."
★struck by lightning
a nice spin on high school cliches. I really enjoyed it. 
“You've got to show the world who you are before it tells you. Otherwise you become victim to someone you're not.” 
★upside down
it's a very sweet sci-fi movie about two people from different worlds falling in love and reshaping their races. :) 
"I come from the only known solar system with two twin planets, each with its own equal and opposite gravity. Now in our world it's possible to fall up and to rise down." 
★the first time
a romcom about two teenagers exploring expectations, fears and fantasies. Plus, Dylan O'Brien is so good looking (full movie)
"All I want, like in the world, is to just keep talking to you. I wanna know how your day was; where you wanna eat; and I wanna argue with you; and I wanna hear all your theories — even the ones that are just completely, you know, wrong? And I know it’s not that simple. I just think — no I really believe that if you just, if you just be willing to continue having this conversation with me, then we can figure the rest out."
★restless
a touching heartfelt movie about never losing hope on love even if it's your last. 
" We have so little time to say the things we mean."

4 comments:

  1. i have a feeling the movie titles you blogged are awesome to watch. :)

    thejessdiaries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you'll enjoying watching them as I did! Thank you! :)

      Delete
  2. Create more blog posts like this ate Julia pretty please!

    ReplyDelete
  3. did you know julia this is where i go if i want to dl some good movies hehehehe

    christelcastillo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...